Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Rainy days and Wednesdays

Brrrr. It is raining, raining, raining over here. Spent the afternoon trying to make candy with Angel. We have been experimenting with the strawberry juice from the processed strawberry. Experiment it was for first we took forever to let it get to the Hard Crack stage (and Angel was holding on the candy thermometer the whole time cause we couldn't clip it anywhere). When we finally got to the stage, it happened so fast that the whole thing burned in a second!
We ended up with a black hard candy that was really bitter. Nice going.
And we shall try again tomorrow on that matter.

I spent most of last night making my pincushion for the Pincushion Challenge: Summer. I didn't make it to the deadline but I will post a photo tomorrow anyway. I love this challenge because I love pincushions! Or anything fiber-filled for that matter. Oh yes. Hehehe.

Tonight I shall start on the apron for Tie One On. The July/August theme is Local Pride. Hmmmm. Bukidnon will be my town and I shall use some of the left-over brown cloth from my sisters' wedding. And probably fill it up with embroidery of sugarcane, corn, cattle, rice, vegetables, horses, goats, carabaos and trim it with the traditional Talaandig motif. Or maybe...ah whatever comes out!

No comments: