Friday, October 27, 2006

The Lil Backyard Project


Our little "backyard" is constantly under renovation (like everything else around here) and presently it is coming together just fine.

They had to change our backdoor a few months ago and I thought the old door was too beautiful to throw out! As for the green chair, well, Ryan and I were on our way home from Goodwill last month and saw it by the side of the road. Ohhhh I couldn't resist! Along with the benches and table I had my neighbor Steve make awhile back, a few sacks of the cheapest red Lava rocks, cheap red stone flooring, my neighbor Kelly's bougonvillas and "rustic" tools, this little hideaway is slowly taking shape.

Next step is put some plants, organize our recycling bins, make a tablecloth and long seat cushions. I really do not like the look of plastic, and as of the moment our recycling bins are made of such so I am looking out for some wooden crates or barrels next time we go thrifting (or road-sighting!). Ahhh I love small spaces! So much fun.

No comments: