Monday, October 30, 2006

The Gwen Dress

Holloween is always an exciting time for costumes and can be quite costly for something you'll only wear once. So this year, I sewed my own costume. I started out with $6.00 worth of materials from Wal-Mart. And worked for 6 hours straight to turn this:

Into this (modeled by Blair):

It's "inspired" by Gwen Stefani's Louis Vuitton dress from the 2004 Video Music Awards :-) I had fun making it!!!! I started out trying to create a pattern for the top, then I realized I had so little time (I made it on the day of the party I attended) that I started just "winging it". The top fit perfectly so I was feeling good. For the skirt, I did make a pattern, and man! when i tried to fit it it wouldn't fit my hips!!! So I added more cloth to it, and 20 minutes before we had to leave for the party it got finished. I put it on and it was soooo looosse!!! On with the safety pins and off we go! Well, it could have been done way better, but I am just happy that the top fit well because that would have been a BIG problem if that was the one that was loose! Hehhe. I wonder "Who Wore It Best?" Blair or Gwen. Hahhahaha.

No comments: